Below are maps of California showing populations that are vulnerable to heat.
- Map A: Less than five years of age
- Map B: Aged 65 and over
- Map C: Aged 65 and over living in a nursing home
- Map D: Aged 65 and over living alone
- Map E: Income below the poverty line
- Map F: Air conditioner ownership
To learn more about heat-related illness, see Heat and Our Health. To learn more about the state's heat emergency plan, see the Governor's Office of Emergency Services Contingency Plan for Excessive Heat Emergencies.